Monday, September 21, 2009

In My Cubby, Creating

This morning at hot yoga, I put all of my belongings into a small cubby hole. My eyes scanned all the personal belongings of other participants stashed in side by side. I found myself wondering what stories each pair of shoes had behind them.

This afternoon I walked down the sidewalk in front of my studio and looked in at the chiropractor in the office next to me, sitting at her desk with her granny glasses on the edge of her nose… I smiled at her, she waved and smiled back. I walked past the other little shops, the Korean-owned dry cleaners... full of hanging shirts… the tobacco shop that seems almost abandoned… And I thought, “Man, we are all filed away in little cubbies.” On days like today, when its raining cats and dogs outside, we don’t get much business. And there we sit, all filed away in our little cubbies.

My business is to create. I find joy in my wedding photography. It might not seem very artistic to some… but it touches me to know, I shared in their story. I documented a special day in their lives… and when they open their wedding book, they will have memories that last forever as they watch their smiles and fun dance across each page.

If I can’t change the entire world and make everyone happy libertarians… la la la puppies, rainbows, and unicorns… All I can do is create. Create relationships worth having, love worth sharing, music worth experiencing, and art that touches the soul.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous photo. It must be fun to share in the love story of each happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog with good heart & clear spirit.

    cheers*,
    shanti

    ReplyDelete