Monday, September 28, 2009

A Fall Day...

Our day at the Louisburg Cider Mill....
This weekend my mom, brother, and I took my nephew Joaquin to the Cider Mill for the first time.
A beautiful Kansas Day. Hundreds of people standing in line for cinnamon donuts and cider.
All of the nostalgia set in immediately. My grade school frequented the mill for field trips. My eyes would bug open as I watched "so many apples" being washed and smushed by big steel machines to make delicious jams, juices, and spreads.

The Mill was hosting Cider Days...
Complete with a live music, petting zoo, hay rides, pumpkin patch and a corn maze. Quite the little festival... interesting arts booths, water softening brochures, and of course a country store with carmel apples. Stand in line for fried pickles, corn dogs, or fresh brewed tea.My nephew Joaquin is only two. Everything is a brand new experience. Somethings proved toooo much for the little guy. Including a cold muddy pumpkin on his lap! But, all in all we had a fantastic time.
He shoveled corn, fed a goat, walked the patch... and got a hay ride.
Autumn is my favorite time of year. The smells, the bonfires, the jackets, and perfect fall days like this one!








I think our mission was accomplished! My little buddy fell asleep in his daddy's arms to the tractor sounds and the fall breeze on his beautiful little face.

No comments:

Post a Comment