Monday, October 5, 2009

Newly Nesting

Okay, I am turning into a girl.... never one to care about dishes or shopping... I am finding myself nesting. But not in the last trimester of pregnancy sense... In the creating-my-own-new-life sense. Making my house into a home. Don't get me wrong... I will always be the traveling artist, music-loving, free spirited hippie... But after 8 moves in 6 yrs, I am finally settling in. And the fun part is... I am doing it by myself, for myself.
I am yet to be domesticated. But, I DO HAVE NEW DISHES!
My mom teased me on our latest trip to TJ Maxx... I was going crazy rummaging through aisles, lifting up mounds of junk to find a perfect little tea cup with matching saucer. "I've never seen you like this, you are in full TJ Maxx mode... you ARE my daughter" she said
My mother cracks up at herself... telling her friends that I was scarred by shopping. She used to put me in the shopping cart with my blanket and tell me to take a nap... "Mommy's got shopping to do." She is a creative genius, a bargain finder, and woman with a heart of cashmere! :) who needs gold? She will always be the envy of so many women she knows because... She just doesn't care what anyone thinks...
ANYWAY... To her dismay... I was the daughter who she begged to wear mascara and "just a little lipstick, please... you need some color" My dad and my brother were wrestlers... I loved competitive sports... And I still wear my Harley boots at least three days a week.
So, as you can imagine, her eyes sparkled as she sat back and watched me "get in TJ Maxx mode" And here they are... the infamous girly dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment