Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Capturing Classics

What does capturing the new classics mean?
Color... Basically
Style more specifically.
Like the Billy Joel song 2000 Years states:

We hope our children carry our dreams down the line
They are the vintage What kind of life will they live?


This generation will be vintage some day. People will want to know things about our culture, and about the lives we lived.... They will look to photographs to
find answers to questions about us.

I pray to God we are not remembered by our worthless drunk photos of college kids out waving peace signs at the camera. Glazed eyes in drunken stooooopers!

I hope they look at beautiful photos of creative places, the unique style of our generation... and try to emulate these new vintage classics.

Think about the black and white photos taken in the 50's and 60's in city streets of couples kissing.
Here is a fantastic example taken by Robert Doisneau





We have gone back and added color to peices of the imagery...
We've tried to identify with the stories of the characters.

Someday, SOMEONE will do that with photography
they see from today.
I hope it is mine.
I hope they get excited about the color, texture, and backgrounds.
I hope they imagine the story.

I hope I am the vintage.

No comments:

Post a Comment