Monday, July 13, 2009

Get Your Belt Buckle On

My last few trips to the city market I found myself perusing through junk and antique tables for belt buckles. Brass buckles, steel buckles and silver buckles. Big and small. TEXAS and USA buckles are easy to find.
As most of you know, I am trying to start my own art business.
Jewelry, Photography on canvases decoupage of sorts. Junking, etc. (more to come later)
One of the things I would like to offer are really cool vintage belt buckles. I also would like to make some custom buckles. So this has lead me on a search for a few new belt buckles of my own. Belt buckle shopping is a lot like looking for a new tattoo.

So I made a small guide of things I have learned personally when belt buckle shopping or getting a tattoo as I have a few of my own!

1. Think about what you want before you go searching!
What are things that you like and love? If you do not know yourself... maybe you just shouldn't go looking at all. If you don't have in mind exactly what you want... you can become bombarded with an array of stupidity! For example: Art like this, though popular, should be no-where-near your pants... or even worse on your skin!


2. Go Big or Go Home
This is a personal pet peeve. Belt buckles or tattoos the size of a penny are pointless. Seriously, you went to the trouble of getting ink... and then you wussed out with pint size tribal trash on the small of your back! Yuck! Tasteful, proportionate to the area of placement. With a belt buckle, go bigger than you belt loop.


3. Don't brand yourself with someone else's brand.
So... you thought of a few things you like, THE UFC, OREO COOKIES, ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH... It’s great that you like products, but please don't wear them around your waist or print them on your body. It's bad enough that half the world walks around like clones with brand names plastered across their chests! LACK OF ORIGINALITY...


4. If you can't go personalized... GO CLASSIC!
You cannot go wrong with a classic tattoo or belt buckle.
Some items that remain timeless:
Hearts, Sparrows, Eagles, Roses, Stars and Tasteful Religious Symbols


So... ladies and gentleman I reveal my new belt buckle!


No comments:

Post a Comment