Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Inspiration


I guess it only fits.
I decided to start a blog today.
The day she was born.
The strongest, most interesting, most generous woman I have ever met in my life.
She didn't do everything right.
Perfect? Not by a long shot.
She probably made more mistakes than a lot of people.
She was married 3 times.
She was a workaholic. During the last days of her life... she spent most of time in and out of her office checking emails, or receiving cancer treatment at the hospital.
She was a self-made millionaire.
She traveled the world.
Met very important people.
Supported Israel with all of her being.
Became a television producer, started her own business and it become one of Forbes fastest growing businesses several years in a row.

My mom often talks about her being a lot like a celebrity... so beautiful, in and out of the house like a whirlwind in sunglasses. This is her memory of a single mother that worked 2-3 jobs to support her two little girls.
My aunt remembers her coming home in dress clothes and heels from a long hard day of work, and spending the remainder of the evening sweating over the stove before she even had time to change... to make sure her girls were fed.

The most incredible lesson I ever learned from her….

Everyone knew she had been through sooo much... She would be the number one person to receive advice from - on anything. You name it; she had probably been through it.
But she didn't go around wasting her breath on people who wouldn't really listen to her. She knew that most learn from experience. And she didn’t always try to fix people. She didn’t try to pretend to know exactly what you were going through. She just loved you... through anything. Supported you in the roughest spots... and prayed for you everyday.

Today would have been my grandma's 69th birthday.
She gave me more than I can ever explain.

So I start my blog today. The day the woman who inspired me the most was born.

This is a piece of jewelry she gave me.

A roman glass bracelet from Israel.

I love you and miss you gma.

Happy birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. She was a good example of God's love. Keep up the blogging.

    ReplyDelete