Thursday, July 23, 2009

Internet Connection: Strong

An Internet Connection Story: How I got this shirt...

Those were the days... weren't they?
Popping, buzzing, and white noise of our computer connecting to the internet creating an all time high of anticipation until we heard those sweet little words "You've got mail"
While the highly climatic experience no longer exists in a world of wifi and BOYSENBERRY phones...
It still remains the same.
We can meet people and share so much via the world wide web... INTERNET connection.
I have made and kept some of the most incredible connections of my life online.
Isn't it incredible!?
When I was about 18, I made my 5th trip to Marseilles, France.
Incredible place in an of itself (another blog another time)
While I was there, I met a girl named Faustine.
She was incredibly outgoing, loud, and funny. Nothing like your typical French girl. A lot of the french girls we met were a little bit more high-matinance... and not very warm. I referred to them as "fussy french grapes" a lot like the temperamental grapes that make some of the finest wines. But not Faustine... she was awesome, fun-loving and original. We exchanged some really fun jewelry, and she had this thing about licking people's cheeks for fun! I think we all got one of her big wet kisses!

That was years ago. Recently Faustine found me on facebook.
Then... her sister, Melanie,
(whom I had never met) asked to be my friend on facebook. Her and her husband and kids are missionaries all over the world. Melanie just so happens to be a photographer like me! Her work is incredible! We swap work and comments on facebook almost weekly! I don't think I have ever met someone quite so original. She is absolutely beautiful, attractive, smart, and creative. She is a triple threat. I really admire her artistry, devotion to missions, and love for her family! It comes through the lens!

One day while scanning through her photos I saw a gorgeous pic of her in an eagle shirt! I love it! I absolutely love eagles... and all birds... I begged her to tell me where she got the shirt. I looked on the website for the shirt, and they didn't not sell it online. Bummer... Then Melanie offered to send me hers!

Today I open my mail to find a little yellow envelope
with a fun note on the back!
She sent it!
I love it Mel!
I am so glad I made such a cool connection with you online!Hopefully one day we will meet!

Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment